Thank you for your interest in importing firearms
We are USA firearm import professionals who have imported some truly beautiful and one-of-a kind items from many countries; we look forward to seeing yours.
When Congress passed the Gun Control Act of 1968 (GCA) the Bureau of Alcohol Tobacco & Firearms (ATF) was assigned with managing the import of firearms into the United States. Today that task is handled by the ATF’s Firearms & Explosives Import Branch (FEIB). Over time the rules, regulations and standards for imported firearms have evolved – and will continue to evolve.
Many old firearms, although perfectly legal and widely available in the US, are not importable. Many US made firearms, once they leave the country, are also not importable. We strongly encourage you to read our Field Guide to see what is and what is not importable. Don’t spend your money on something you can’t import.
Some things we want to make certain you are aware of
- Your import will take 4-8 months. We submit an application to ATF’s Firearms & Explosives Imports Branch (FEIB). It can take 8-12 weeks before we have a response. In addition, remember that the seller/shipper in the foreign country usually has to obtain an EXPORT permit from their country. Your import may take longer than six (6) months.
- The total cost of your import will vary due to factors we have no control over. The number of firearms is usually not a significant factor. The biggest cost variable is almost always in-bound shipping, followed by customs clearance costs, duties and fees. In 2013 the total cost of a typical import for 1-5 firearms ran about $950 – $1500 USD.
- Your firearms will be shipped to us, and once we have completed our work your firearm(s) will be sent to your local gun dealer (FFL). Your FFL may collect local sales and/or property taxes from you as well as a transfer fee for their services. If you have a C&R (Curio & Relic) License from ATF we may be able to ship the firearm(s) directly to you.
What happens and when
- We must have the following information for EACH firearm you intend to import:
- Country of Manufacturer
- Serial Number
- Barrel Length
- Overall Length
- YOU must also provide us with the following information:
- Information about the firearm(s). We may ask for additional information, including detailed photographs of markings on the firearm.
- The SELLER’s COMPLETE contact information.
- The SHIPPER’s COMPLETE contact information.
- True and correct values of the items.
- We will prepare and submit an IMPORT APPLICATION based on the information you provide us.
- Note: The approval of your application is not guaranteed.
- Our fee for all document preparation is $100.00 per line item; $500 minimum.
- The document preparation fee is non-refundable, regardless of whether or not the application is approved wholly or in part, or returned without action.
If the application is approved
- We will prepare a detailed estimate of the costs to complete the importation.
- We will send the documents which require your signature.
- Before we continue, we will require payment of the estimate and the return of your signed documents authorizing us to proceed.
Once we have received your payment and documents we will commit – on your behalf – to the importation. We will handle all the technical details, customs paperwork and post–import reports and filings. Our Import Terms & Conditions lists these items in detail.
After your firearm(s) have arrived and been inspected for compliance with US laws (see our Import Terms & Conditions for details) we will prepare a final cost accounting. We ship upon payment of the final invoice.
We look forward to working with you on your import.
Drop us a note on our Contact Page to get started.